Fani Willis Gets More Bad News After New Testimony Stuns Georgia Lawmakers


A Georgia state senator who is leading the investigation into Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis’ office described some of the D.A.’s statements as “dubious” after hearing a whistleblower’s testimony.

On Thursday, the Georgia Senate Special Committee on Investigations, which is chaired by state Senator Bill Cowsert, held another hearing as part of its investigation into alleged misuse of funds and other misconduct. The committee heard testimony from Amanda Timpson, who once worked for Willis’ office as the director of juvenile diversion programs.

Timpson testified that she was demoted and eventually fired after blowing the whistle about misuse of funds within Willis’ office.

In addition, Timpson testified that Nathan Wade, a former special prosecutor who was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to work on the case while having an affair with Willis, was on the D.A.’s staff as far back as 2020. Both Wade and Willis have testified that the relationship only began when Wade was hired to work on the case in late 2021.

After hearing Timpson’s testimony, Cowsert now believes the timeline provided by Willis and Wade is “dubious.”

“[Wade], for a whole year, was her confidant and collaborator on running the office before he gets hired,” Cowsert said in interview with Fox News.

“And then she’s acting like it was just something that happened in the summer of 2022. That they began a relationship months after the hiring. That’s a dubious claim, you know?” the Georgia lawmaker continued.

The timeline of the relationship between Wade and Willis has been central to both the Georgia Senate investigation and the disqualification hearings concerning Willis.

Back in March, Ashleigh Merchant, a lawyer for a Trump co-defendant in Willis’ “election interference” case, testified that information on Wade’s cellphone data indicated that he visited a condo owned by Willis on numerous occasions prior to his hiring.

“It’s pinging from his house all the way down to the condo at midnight 1 a.m. And then he calls her when he gets there. And then it goes silent for four or five hours. And then, you know, early in the morning hours, he starts pinging again, driving back, and then he texts her when he gets home,” Merchant said while describing the location of Wade’s phone.

Additional witnesses, including former employees of the Fulton County D.A.’s office, employees of surrounding counties and a former law partner of Wade’s, have also given testimony that calls the timeline into question.

Las Vegas News Magazine

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More