3 females dragged Philly crossing guard off bus when she tried to escape brutal beating, detective says; suspects arrested | Blaze Media


Last week Blaze News reported that three females brutally attacked a Philadelphia crossing guard, resulting in the 29-year-old victim’s hospitalization.

The good news is that three suspects have been arrested. The bad news is that the beatdown was way more sinister and vicious than initially reported.

What are the details?

“I couldn’t believe they would do this to someone who is out there trying to protect children every day of the week,” Capt. Frank Banford, commanding officer of the Central Detective Division, told WTXF-TV.

Capt. Frank BanfordImage source: YouTube screenshot

Police last week released information about the Nov. 30 attack, including still images of the suspects. Police said the victim was working as a crossing guard at 2800 Cecil B. Moore Avenue around 3:40 p.m. when she was involved in an argument with three females.

Cops noted that the three females knocked the victim to the ground and punched and stomped her several times. The victim suffered bruising to her head and face as well as swelling to her nose, left hand, and right leg, police said, adding that the victim was taken to Temple Hospital for treatment of her injuries.

But that ain’t the half of it.


WTXF, citing police sources, reported that the suspects actually attacked the guard because she gave her cell phone to a young girl to call for help after she was attacked by the same suspects.

“The viciousness of it,” Banford told the station in reference to the beatdown of the crossing guard. “I mean, they were trying to inflict some injury. There were boots to the face, kicks all over the body, punches. It went on for a couple minutes. It was horrible.”

Banford then disclosed to WTXF what may be the worst part: “[The crossing guard] tries to get on the bus … to get away. They drag her off of the bus, drag her to the ground, start beating her, punching her, kicking her, while she’s on the ground … horrendous.”


Police arrested two adult females identified as 26-year-old Imani Thomas and 18-year-old Destiny Sanders in connection with the attack, the station said, adding that the third suspect — a 15-year-old girl — turned herself in to authorities.

Banford noted to WTXF that police were able to arrest the suspects because of immediate help from citizens who called cops and identified the females within a couple of hours after police released still images of the suspects.

However, the station added that the crossing guard hasn’t been back to that intersection since the attack.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

Las Vegas News Magazine

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More