When ‘Yellowstone’ came to Capitol Hill – JP
“Yellowstone” and its related series are a cultural phenomenon, and have provided Native Americans a voice and platform that breaks boundaries. Two of the actors in the series, Mo Brings Plenty and Michael Spears, discuss their recent visit to Capitol Hill, Native representation in movies and pop culture and what makes “Yellowstone” different.
- Census missed housing units in rural, Native American areas
- Senate confirms first Native American to direct park service
- House should ‘keep its word’ and seat delegate from Cherokee Nation, panel hears
- Interior Department renaming sites containing Native slur
- Opposition to Haaland may bring political costs, tribal representatives warn
The post When ‘Yellowstone’ came to Capitol Hill appeared first on JP.