Suspect in Mass Shooting on the Run, 22 Dead, 60-80 Wounded – Police Update
Police Update: 11:50:
The person of interest, Robert Card, is still on the loose. His car has been located, but he’s still missing.
— Johnny (@tallyman2023) October 26, 2023
Update: NBC News as of 10:36:
- At least 22 people have been killed, a Lewiston police source said.
- Fifty to 60 were wounded at several locations, including a local bowling alley, law enforcement officials said.
- A local medical center said it was responding to a “mass casualty” event.
- Officials have urged residents in Lewiston and Auburn to shelter in place.
- The Androscoggin County Sheriff’s Office released photos of a man with a rifle with the caption “suspect for identification.”
- Lewiston police said a “manhunt” is underway for a person allegedly connected to shootings.
- Lewiston is a city of around 37,000, almost 30 miles north of Portland.
Reportedly, at least 22 people are confirmed dead, 50 to 60 injured in a mass shooting in Lewiston, Maine. There is a bolo for Robert Card, driving a 2013 Subaru Outback, in connection with the mass shooting.
Maine State Police are telling residents to shelter in place as the active shooter is on a shooting spree. A restaurant and a bowling alley were reportedly among at least two to three shooting scenes.
Police, fire, and rescue personnel descended on Sparetime Recreation on Mollison Way about 7:15 p.m. after a report of an active shooter. Shortly after, reports came in that there was another shooting – possibly – at Schemengees Bar & Grille Restaurant on Lincoln Street.
Lewiston public information officer Derrick St. Laurent told the Sun Journal at about 8:15 p.m. that another shooting was reported at the Walmart Distribution Center on Alfred A Plourde Parkway.
Police are investigating two shooting scenes.
Police have issued a BOLO (Be On the Lookout) for an individual named Robert Card. He is believed to be driving a 2013 white Subaru Outback. If spotted, please report to authorities and exercise caution.#Maine #Lewiston #Auburn #Shooting #MassShooting #ActiveShooter pic.twitter.com/qN68rrYOEh
— Raw Reporting (@Raw_Reporting) October 26, 2023
FOOTAGE: ACTIVE SHOOTING ONGOING IN LEWISTON, MAINE
A mass casualty incident has been declared with Mutual Aid being requested from surrounding Counties.
Lewiston Police stated that: Numerous people have been injured.
“WE ARE ENCOURAGING ALL BUSINESSES TO LOCK DOWN.… https://t.co/oyH3cG6VV0 pic.twitter.com/CDkBzDDLio
— Mario Nawfal (@MarioNawfal) October 26, 2023
CORRECTION: THE FIRST PICTURE AROUND THE INTERNET OF A PEDOPHILE WAS A DIFFERENT ROBERT CARD.