Investigators Zero In On Key Suspect In Biden Document Scandal
Investigators are digging deepter into longtime Joe Biden aide Kathy Chung after it was discovered she played a key role in transporting sensitive materials to the Penn Biden Center in Washington D.C. after Biden left office in 2017.
The House Oversight Committee sent her a damning letter over the weekend which demanded documents and information as part of the congressional inquiry into the Biden document scandal. Chung has also been caught for having ties to Hunter Biden himself. The Oversight committee seeks to untangle this web of corruption in their new probe.
Here’s what the committee wrote in their letter to the longtime Biden aide:
The Committee on Oversight and Accountability is investigating President Biden’s possession of highly classified documents from his time as Vice President. The documents retrieved from President Biden’s personal office and home included documents designated as “sensitive compartmented information . . . which is used for highly sensitive information obtained from intelligence sources.”
The Committee has obtained evidence showing that you had keycard access to Penn Biden Center. Recent reporting indicates in January 2017 you— while serving as then-Vice President Biden’s executive assistant—helped pack up the departing Vice President’s office.
The letter continues:
Reports also indicate federal law enforcement officials have interviewed you about the ongoing Department of Justice probe into President Biden’s mishandling of classified documents and possible violation of the Presidential Records Act. Documents on file with the Committee reveal that President Biden’s son—Robert Hunter Biden—initially proposed a job in Vice President Biden’s office to you in May 2012. Hunter described your potential responsibilities as replacing the “primary gatekeeper for the VP” and “conduit everyone goes through to get to [Vice President Biden].”
Additionally, Hunter explained that you would replace the person who “handles all personal stuff” for Vice President Biden. You served on the Vice President’s staff from July 2012 until he left office. The Committee believes your proximity to Vice President Biden and role as handler of his personal matters gave you access not only to classified material he maintained after leaving the White House, but also to the Biden family’s business schemes
Here is the information that the letter demanded from Chung:
1. All communications with members of the Biden family and Eric Schwerin from January 20, 2009, to present;
2. All documents and communications related to then-Vice President Biden’s departure from office in 2017, including communications regarding Penn Biden Center;
3. All documents and communications between you and President Biden’s personal attorneys related to the Presidential Record Act documents and classified materials found at Penn Biden Center or President Biden’s Wilmington, Delaware residence;
4. All documents and communications between you and White House employees or Department of Justice employees related to the Presidential Record Act documents and classified materials found at Penn Biden Center or President Biden’s Wilmington, Delaware residence; and
5. All documents and communications between you and the National Archives and Records Administration related to the Presidential Record Act documents and classified materials found at Penn Biden Center or President Biden’s Wilmington, Delaware residence.
“While Chung does not appear to have any involvement with the documents found at Biden’s residence, she reportedly did lead a small team at the end of the Obama administration who placed folders into boxes in the vice president’s White House office that made their way to a transition office, and then to another temporary location in Chinatown leased by the Penn Biden Center before they finally arrived at the think tank,” the Daily Wire adds.
According to various reports, Chung has already been interviewed by investigators, but its clear that they have not obtained the necessary information to get to the bottom of this mess.
Oversight Chair @RepJamesComer sends letter to Kathy Chung, former executive asst to Pres Biden. Comer requests staff level interview + docs from her time working for then-VP Biden.
Chung was interviewed by officials probing Biden’s mishandling of classified docs last month. pic.twitter.com/GnubjBhMDV
— Julie Tsirkin (@JulieNBCNews) February 5, 2023
As you can see by the tweet below, Chung has been involved with the corrupt Biden family since the 1990’s:
NEW: Kathy Chung first met the Bidens in the 1990s when she overlapped with Hunter Biden at Commerce.
Hunter later recruited her to work for his father in VP office.
Now Kathy is at the center of the docs investigation
w/ @mviser + @CarolLeonnig https://t.co/Wfh3uT67Yr
— Tyler Pager (@tylerpager) February 3, 2023
Stay tuned for more as this story develops…