Far-left former cable news host Keith Olbermann tries to dunk on Elon Musk in Twitter spat over Jan. 6. It doesn’t go very well for Olbermann.
Outspoken, far-left former cable news host Keith Olbermann — who seems to spend a lot of time on Twitter these days trying to own conservatives — turned his attention toward Twitter CEO Elon Musk on Friday and tried to dunk on Musk.
What are the details?
Musk on Friday replied to a post containing video of Jacob Chansley — the so-called “QAnon Shaman” — telling Jan. 6 protesters that then-President Donald Trump instructed them to go home and remain peaceful. In the aftermath, Chansley was sentenced to four years in prison.
Musk’s reply to the clip? “Free Jacob Chansley.”
When another Twitter user accused Musk of being part of the “MAGA movement,” Musk answered back: “I’m not part of MAGA, but I do believe in fairness of justice. Chansley was falsely portrayed in the media as a violent criminal who tried to overthrow the state and who urged others to commit violence. But here he is urging people to be peaceful and go home. And the other video shows him calmly walking in the Capitol building, being escorted by officers and then thanking the officers.”
Then Olbermann took a turn, writing in response to Musk’s tweet: “Please remember to report this tweet for violating rules by denying a violent event.”
Musk picked up on Olbermann’s statement and delivered a stinging retort: “Have you considered a career in comedy?”
A presumably excited Olbermann couldn’t help himself and shot back at the Twitter CEO — but it appears ol’ Keith was firing blanks: “Have you considered a career in business?”
How are folks reacting?
As you might guess, the Twitter-verse is having a field day at Olbermann’s expense, and as of Saturday afternoon it appears users are ratio-ing into oblivion his flubbed dunk attempt on Musk. Here are but a few responses to Olbermann:
- “I think he won that game dude…” one commenter said.
- “I think you should just put on your CV: ‘got roasted by Elon on Twitter’ and move forward,” another user suggested. “No need of any replies.”
- “You just said this to the richest man in the world,” another commenter said while adding laughing emojis. “Ratio incoming.”
- “You really tweeted this to a billionaire,” another user noted. “You know that, right?”
- “This isn’t the comeback you think it is chief lol,” another commenter observed.
- “You have one shot, and this is the best you could come up with?” another user wondered. “Really?”
Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!